Thursday, June 25, 2009

Painting in the East and playing guitar in the West:D











It doesn't happen very often but here's a rare pic of me actually playing in front of people, I know, radical!!!:D
I'm trying to take the advice of the wonderful Havi Brooks and her duck Selma, to gently expand the boundaries of my comfort zone, lol, phew.

I'm adding some pics of me and my old friend Brian painting on our travels too:D
It was such fun, even when we didn't think we'd make it through the next hour because of the intense sun and humidity.

In Laos, at one of the most beautiful temples in the world, Wat Xieng Thong, we were sat painting very early in the morning (coolest part of the day) when an older guy came and sat down with a painting he must've started the day before. He turned out to be a well known award winning painter from from Chiang Mai in Thailand. His name is Charoon Boonsuan and I talked with him and admired his painting. He was apologetic about possibly ruining my view when he set up his easel and gave us some postcards (which I must get from Brian and post them here, they're beautiful).
Lovey guy, I hope to go to Chiang Mai and visit him in the future.

Hugs to everyone xxx

No comments: