Sunday, June 28, 2009

Beautiful Papercuts and little things






I made it on time!!!

So I made it to the art gallery yesterday with my two watercolour paintings by the skin of my teeth (what a strange expression really). I've had a few days when every little thing seems to go wrong, from papercuts (to fingers, not the beautiful art of papercutting), computer stuff not working, no jam for my crumpets arrrggghhh!!

Beautiful Papercuts!

Talking of papercuts, please have a look at my gorgeous papercuts above, I was experimenting with different white papers, cartridge and watercolour paper (which is very hard on my fingers).

Anyway, I should know by Thursday if my paintings were accepted for the exhibition or not, so wish me luck and send me lots of hugs if I don't make it this year.

It's the little things that make or break you some days and I found myself being inordinately wound up by things out of my control, like the amount of people in Manchester yesterday when I was rushing to the gallery, and the Jesus bands and rappers (not to offend anyone in a religious sense but it was so musically bad), ouch.

Today is a new day though, in fact each minute is a new moment (oh god I'm such a hippie:D), so lets turn this thing around, yay:D

Love y'all xxx


No comments: