Tuesday, June 16, 2009

New Painting - White Cherry Tree




So I've actually got myself together enough over the the past couple of days to make a start on a new painting!!! Why is it that most artists will put off doing the thing they love most? It's very frustrating. The things I did to avoid making a start include cooking a full on roast dinner (lamb with all the trimmings), doing masses of washing up, cleaning the bathroom floor, going shopping, watching southpark and playing guitar, anything in fact to avoid the scary void of new white paper staring back at me when I've not painted for a while.

And then I get I get started and of course I really love it:D
I Thought it was finished earlier and I took off the masking tape (I love doing that), but now I've decided to add a bit more detail to the foreground on the left hand side. The painting is of a beautiful weeping white cherry tree in the Imperial Palace in Kyoto, like most of Kyoto in cherry blossom season it gives you the feeling of stepping into a more beautiful, enchanted fairytale of a world. Have I mentioned before how much I love cherry blossom;D
Anyway, here it is so far.

xxx

No comments: