Friday, January 16, 2009

I love RRRoom














I'm so lucky to have found this great cafe called RRRoom in Yokosuka Chuo where the food is great, the company wonderful and the music sublime!!! Is there anything better than good music, people and food!! I don't think so but let me know if you think differently. My friends, Krishna and Ali, found this place by accident whilst looking for the library. I go there for a meal every week or two and meet up with some new friends. They also have a great selection of books to look through whilst you sit and drink their fabulous freshly ground coffee, mmmm, heaven.
On Jan 4th they had a mochi (traditional Japanese rice cakes) pounding party, where we all took turns to pound the rice to make it really glutinous and sticky, and then the chef, Koji, made some wonderful toppings for it using, amongst other things, Daikon and Kinako. It was a beautiful sunny day and very enjoyable to be outside eating! I was ther with Krishna and we were talking about how no-one does this kind of thing in England, there's not really a strong sense of community any more like there seems to be in Japan.
I love winter in Japan! Any friends back home reading this I'm sorry for the shock of that sentence! I surely never thought I'd utter the words 'love' and 'winter' in the same breath but there's a first time for everything:D
Winter in Japan is totally different from winter in England. In Japan it's sunny with clear blue skies almost every day!! In England it can get horribly grey and depressing.
Also, I've recently discovered that on a clear day I can see Fuji san (mt. Fuji) from my local park, Kurihama flower garden! How cool is that!!!!
Love and light xxx

No comments: