Saturday, November 8, 2008

A day out with Krishna - Tokyo Opera City Art Gallery and Studio Ghibli













Yesterday Krishna San and I went to Tokyo for the day to see some art. A friend Of Krishna's had recommended the exhibition at Tokyo Opera city Art Gallery and we were not disappointed. The main exhibition, Earthly Flowers, Heavenly Colours, is by a Japanese photographer called Mika Ninagawa. It was a full colour riot for the eyes. The first few rooms focused on big prints of flowers and some landscape, I particularly liked the cherry blossom pictures. I thought that flowers were all we were going to see but then we walked through into another room (all rooms had heavy curtains separating each section so that each room and the contents therein was a complete surprise) and were stunned by the huge and beautiful portraits. Again very brightly coloured and highly decorative.
I'm already regretting not buying the book from the gallery shop, so next time I'm in Tokyo I'll get it and post some more pics! xx

No comments: