Saturday, September 13, 2008

Hello world !!!


Hello, welcome to my blog!

I am a blogging virgin so please be gentle with any comments you wish to make!

I'm from England but I'm currently living in Japan (for 10 months) teaching English at 2 elementary schools. This means i spend most of my working day singing songs to incredibly cute children.

I studied textiles at university which I absolutely loved, by the 3rd year I was dreaming textiles and design and colour!! A lack of space and equipment has meant that I haven't done any work on fabric since uni, 3 years ago, but I still draw and paint.

I think I was suffering from artists block in the year before I came to Japan, I hadn't really done much work for a while but I find myself increasing inspired to be creative again here and I can't tell you how great that feels, well, I could try, but you probably know already if you're at all creative yourself, things go in cycles.

One of the things that's inspired me the most is all the artist blogs out there which I've only just discovered, this is a whole new world for me that I had'nt realised existed until recently, so I'm very excited and I feel drawn to participate, hence this, my 1st blog!!!

I intend to share lots of work with you here and eventually get an etsy shop, another source of inspiration I've just discovered.

Anyway, enough talking for now, here's some of the work from my sketchbook in Japan.

No comments: