Tuesday, May 26, 2009

The beauty of life






Thomas Moore wrote that "ritual maintains the world's holiness. As in a dream a small object may assume significance, so in a life that is animated by ritual there are no insignificant things."

I am coming to realise that art and music are the rituals of my daily life that keep me sane(ish) and that give depth to my life. It can be very difficult to live a creative life in a climate that doesn't seem to appreciate it but what the hell, I appreciate it! I appreciate that I'm able and willing to create a life for myself that is creative and beautiful and rich and that I can enjoy the small things in life which can be the most beautiful. 
The difficulties are part of that, if I had no difficulties how would I ever relate to anyone, we'd have nothing in common and I'd probably be insufferable.
I'm beginning to see the extent to which we do create our lives basically, and I want to create something good:D

I shall leave you with some photo's of the stunning flowers below Mt. Fuji (shibazakura) and one of the poppy field in kurihama where I used to live.

xxx

No comments: