Monday, April 25, 2011

Communications are back:D

The beginnings of a new painting. I haven't painted a landscape for quite some time, so it's a little scary, but exciting also. I try to paint only the thing that I love, things that cause love and all kinds of goodness to well up in the heart, and I love parks and gardens and natural places, so I figured it was about time I tried to incorporate them into my work.

I think it's just about finished, just a few tweaks maybe, what do you think? I was aiming for a feeling of serenity but my gorgeous man said he does not find it so. I'm happy with it though.

 Woman, bell, Shiva, shell. This painting represents some of my favourite things, the shell for the ocean, the pure sound of a bell or singing bowl (I'd love to have a proper Balinese bell), the grace and elegance of the Geisha, the dance of Shiva.



Mobile found, new router installed, only the landline still to be sorted. I'm glad to be back online so I can share some of the new work I've been doing recently. I'm participating in the Derbyshire open arts again this year, but rather than doing it at my house I'll be at the Ghislaine Howard Gallery.
The open will be held over the last bank holiday in May, 28th, 29th and 30th May, 11 -5pm.
The Derbyshire Open Arts Website can be found here if you want to see who else is involved across Derbyshire.

Thanks for popping by:D

xxx

No comments: