Sunday, February 6, 2011

Very Busy Bee

Apologies for not posting for a while, I've been moving house again! This is definately the last time I'm moving for quite a while I hope. I really like the new house, it's  less expensive than where I was before, and the landlady loves cats, so for the first time ever I've been able to get a cat:D
So I now have a black cat called Tinker. I got her about 2 hours ago from a lady who's just had her first child, who, it turns out, is allergic to cats. Tinker is 8 yers old and is so far very shy, I'll take a photo of her when she comes out from under my bed.

I've also had a few projects on the go, these are pictures of my first attempt at making ny own sketchbook using a tutorial  by Dani Jones. You can find the tutorial here if you want to give it a go.
It's a good tutorial but I did mess up my sketchbook right at the end by not reading the instructions properly. It's not too bad though and I'll still be using it, I'm just a perfectionist. I'm really happy with the papers/colours I chose for the cover though, it looks pretty:D
I'm making one for my friend next so the second one should be better, lessons learnt.  
The sketchbook is for a jewellry making class that I just started last month, 3 hours a week of happiness!

I uploaded the photos in order of my progression in making the sketchbook but for some reason they've come up in a random order and I can't seem to change it. Oh well, randomness it is then!

This is as far as i've got with making my work space nice and pretty. I've a lot more pics to put up and I'd quite like some shelves too. The sewing machine is really old and I'm not sure yet if it works or not, I might have to treat myself to a new one.







See you soon
xxx

No comments: