Sunday, February 20, 2011

Jewellery Course-Sketchbook

I love pattern and the silhouettes of leaves, branches and blossom against the sky, and the shadows they throw against a surface as the light touches them. My work here is exploring this love of pattern and decoration, inspired by nature. The paper cuts I’ve been doing can hopefully inspire my jewellery making process, as I’d like to combines layers of materials, silver over silk, for example. I’ve been looking at other jewellery makers for inspiration too. 
Here'a a few pages of my sketchbook, followed by some of the jewellers I'm looking at for inspiration.









Leonor Hipolito. I can't find a website dedicated to her jewellery, but if you google her you'll find images of her work on various sites.


 Rosanne Antico Hall. Again, you'll have to search on google, I couldn't find a website for her.


 Yu Chun Chen

What beautiful work there is out there, and so much more to come.

Love and light xxx

No comments: